Rules and Regulations of the online shop
RULES AND REGULATIONS OF THE "WIELICZKA" SALT MINE ONLINE SHOP
The rules and regulations define the general rules for entering into a sales agreement via the Online Shop. They provide the framework for executing the sales agreement, the duties and obligations of the Salt Mine Online Shop, the responsibilities of the Customer, as well as the principles of the complaint procedure.
By placing an order, the Customer accepts these Rules and Regulations.
- The "Wieliczka" Salt Mine Online Shop is operated at www.kopalnia.pl by the “Wieliczka” Salt Mine Tourist Route Ltd. (Kopalnia Soli „Wieliczka” Trasa Turystyczna Sp. z o.o.) with its registered office in Wieliczka, Park Kingi 10, Poland, registered in the National Court Register kept by the District Court for Kraków-Śródmieście Division XII under KRS number 0000030908, registered capital of 810,000 PLN paid in full, NIP (Tax Registration Number): 683-14-80-313, REGON (Company registration number): 351197769, hereinafter referred to in the present Rules and Regulations as “the Mine” or “the Shop”.
- Customers may obtain information on the orders placed during Shop operation hours (Monday to Friday 6 am to 2 pm except on public holiday as defined in legal acts), at the following numbers:
a) telephone number (Sales Department): +48 (12) 278 73 30
b) fax number: + 48 (12) 278 73 30
c) email address for correspondence concerning sales: email@example.com
d) Shop web page address: www.kopalnia.pl
e) e-mail address at which declarations of withdrawal from purchase can be submitted: firstname.lastname@example.org
f) e-mail address at which complaints on products purchased can be submitted: email@example.com
- The Mine Online Shop sells products via the Internet.
- Orders can be placed at www.kopalnia.pl on an appropriate order form.
- No later than on the date of the shipment of the products or the commencement of the service, the Shop shall confirm entering an Agreement on a durable medium (primarily durable media include email or document in hard copy). The confirmation shall also contain important information included in the Shop Rules and Regulations and information on the Customer’s consent to receive digital content.
- Standard shipment time shall be 48 hours (excluding Saturdays and Sundays), but in particular cases it may be extended. This constitutes an approximate time from the receipt of confirmation of payment to shipping the order.
- The order shall be completed provided that the product is in stock or with the Shop suppliers. In case of unavailability of the products covered by the order, the Customers shall be informed on the status of the order and decide on the manner in which they wish to proceed (partial completion of the order, allowing for a prolonged time for delivery, or cancelling the whole order).
- A limited number of products shall be available for promotion sales, and orders shall be executed according to the sequence in which the confirmations for the products are recorded, until such time that all the stock of products covered by this form of sale is exhausted.
- The Customer shall make payment for the products ordered by bank transfer to the Online Shop bank account.
- A VAT invoice shall be issued for each order. The VAT invoice shall be issued when all the products ordered by the Customer are completed and ready for shipment. The Customer shall receive the original invoice signed by the Shop. It should be borne in mind that should a Customer being a natural person place an order or purchase a product providing the information (e.g. the name / company) of the business owned by the buyer, it shall be presumed that the purchase is made in connection with such business and the invoice shall be issued to the buyer, as a business owner.
- The Customer can modify the order until the moment of receiving the Shop’s confirmation on concluding an agreement.
- All prices shall be provided in Polish zlotys and include VAT. In the foreign-language versions of the online catalogue, prices shall be also given in EUR and USD and converted each day according to exchange rate the table published by the National Bank of Poland. The price specified next to each product shall be binding upon placing an order by the Customer.
- In countries where shipments are subject to customs duty, such charges shall be borne by the Customer. In such cases, the shipment date shall be extended by 24 hours.
- The procedure of transmitting transaction receivables and verification by the Shop shall be carried out by platnosci.pl.
- The shipment of products shall be performed in the manner specified in the order. Shipments shall be made by:
UPS Polska Sp. z.o.o.
ul. Prądzyńskiego 1/3
Phone: + 48-22-534-00-00
Fax: + 48-22-534-08-01
- The exact cost of products ordered and the shipment shall be specified to the Customer in a clear and visible manner on the order form, immediately before the Customer places an order.
- The Customer shall be obliged to confirm, before the moment of the order approval on the website, that the purchase entails the obligation to pay the costs of the approved order. The Customer shall perform such confirmation by selecting in the order form a separate tab stating: “ORDER WITH OBLIGATION TO PAY”.
- The distance sale agreement between the Shop and the Customer shall be concluded upon receipt by the Shop of the order placed by the Customer. The agreement shall concern the sale of the products specified in the order.
- The total cost of the order shall include the value of the products ordered and the fee for the shipment of the products ordered to the Customer. The cost of the order shall be borne by the Customer. Information on the overall cost of the order and the payment deadline shall be provided to the Customer before placing the order. In the absence of other claims, the deadline for the payment for the products ordered shall be of 5 days from the date of the Customer placing the order. Should payment fail to be made within this deadline, the Shop shall cancel the order and inform the Customer on a durable medium without delay.
- All payments at the "Wieliczka" Salt Mine Online Shop shall be supported by www.payu.pl.
- Shipments shall be delivered by courier: UPS Poland Sp. z o. o. with its registered office in Warsaw at ul. Prądzyńskiego 1/3, Poland, to the address indicated by the Customer in the order.
- Recipients in countries outside the European Union may be required to pay duty on the products. The amount of duty shall be determined on the basis of the internal regulations of each country.
- The Customer shall have the possibility to track the order on the courier company's website.
- The Shop reserves the right to suspend the execution of the order and its verification in case of reasonable doubts as to the veracity of the completed order form or the order placed.
Withdrawal from the Agreement
- The Customer may cancel the Agreement concluded with the Shop without providing any reason or incurring additional costs within 14 days from the date of the receipt of the order. The Shop shall inform the Customer of the right of withdrawing from the Agreement and the terms at the moment of placing the order. In addition, the Customer shall receive, along with the confirmation of concluding an agreement with the Shop, a form for withdrawal from the Agreement.
- The Customer may submit the declaration of withdrawal from the agreement in writing at the Shop address indicated in § 1 of the hereto Rules and Regulations or by e-mail, by sending a declaration of withdrawal to the Shop address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Shop shall also allow the Customer to submit a declaration of withdrawal from the agreement by interactive electronic withdrawal form provided on the Shop website www.kopalnia.pl
- In the event of a Customer submitting a declaration of withdrawal electronically, the Shop shall immediately confirm to the Customer by e-mail of the receipt of notice of withdrawal from the agreement.
- Should the Customer withdraw from the agreement, the Shop shall refund the Customer an amount equal to the product price including the cost of shipping the products to the Customer. Such reimbursement shall be made without delay, but not later than within 14 days from the date of receipt of the Customer's declaration of withdrawal. Payments shall be refunded within 5 working days by bank transfer to the account indicated by the Customer or by money order to the address specified in the order, after the Shop receives the products or the Customer presents proof of returning the products. Refund payments shall be made using the same method of payment as that used by the Customer for the purchase, unless the Customer agrees to the payment being reimbursed in a different manner.
- Should products be returned as a result of withdrawal from the agreement, the Customer shall bear the direct cost of returning the products. Should the Customer choose a manner of the shipment of products other than ordinary least expensive shipment manner offered by the Shop, the Shop shall not be obliged to reimburse the Customer the extra cost incurred.
- The Customer shall return the products to the Shop, or transfer them to a person authorised by the Shop without delay, but not later than within 14 days from the date of withdrawal from the agreement. For the deadline of returning the products to be respected, the Customer simply needs to return the products before the deadline expires.
- Products shall be returned in the same condition in which they were purchased, which means that they cannot show any damage or defects. Products should be returned together with the packaging. Products should be returned together with the received VAT invoice. Should the value of the products decrease as a result of using it in a manner going beyond the manner necessary to establish the characteristics of the product, its features and operation, the Customer shall bear the proportion of the cost of reducing their value.
- The Customer shall not be entitled to withdraw from the agreement in the case of the sale of products which are perishable or have a short shelf life, as well as products delivered in a sealed package which cannot be returned once opened due to health or hygiene reasons, if the package has been opened after delivery.
- The Shop undertakes to supply the ordered product to the Customer free of defects. The Shop provides warranty for the products delivered to the Customer in accordance with the provisions of the Polish Civil Code for a period of 24 months from the date of shipment of the products to the Customer.
- The warranty shall not apply if the products have been damaged mechanically for reasons beyond the control of the Shop, in particular as a result of improper use of the products.
- Under the warranty, the Customer is entitled to require:
a. a replacement of the product or removal of defects; the Customer may require the products to be replaced by ones free of defects instead of removing the defects proposed by the Shop, or require that the defect be removed instead of product replacement, unless the manner of making the product conform with the order chosen by the Customer proves impossible or would require excessive costs in comparison with the method proposed by the Shop;
b. price reduction with the indication of the amount by which the price should be reduced, or withdrawal from the agreement; the Customer shall not be entitled to those if the Shop replaces the defective products with ones free of defects or removes the defect without delay or undue inconvenience to the Customer. This limitation shall not apply if the product has already been replaced or repaired by the Shop. The Customer cannot withdraw from the order if the defect is irrelevant.
- If during the use of the product, the Customer finds defects in it, he/she should contact the “Wieliczka” Salt Mine Tourist Route Marketing Department at the following number: +48 (12) 278 73 30.
- Should the Customer find any defect or damage caused during delivery after the receipt of the product, he/she should send it to the following address: Kopalnia Soli “Wieliczka” Trasa Turystyczna sp. z o.o., 32-020 Wieliczka, Park Kingi 10, Poland, with a note “e-Shop”. Returned products must be accompanied by proof of purchase (invoice), along with a brief description of the damage to the products. Any complaints shall be dealt with within 14 working days of receipt. At that time, the Customer shall be informed in writing about the manner in which the complaint has been dealt with. Damaged products shall be replaced with ones free of defects, and should it prove impossible (for example, due to the exhaustion of stocks), the Shop shall reimburse the buyer the price equivalent to that paid for the product or offer a selection of other products available in the Shop. Once the complaint is settled, the product shall be returned at the expense of the Shop.
- Personal data contained in the registration form shall be stored and processed in a manner consistent with the scope of the authorisation granted by the Customer and the requirements of the Polish law, in particular in accordance with the Act on the Protection of Personal Data of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Laws No. 133, item. 883, as amended). The registration form shall include data necessary for determining the identity of the user, i.e. personal and address details. However, it is only required to fill in some of the fields, containing the information required for concluding a transaction under the civil law and dealing with the sales agreement. All Customers who filled out the registration form shall have regular access to data in order to verify, modify or delete them. The Shop shall not transfer, resell, or lend personal data of its customers to other persons or institutions.
- The rights and obligations of the parties arising from the agreement concluded shall be governed by the Act of 30 May 2014. on Customer Rights (Journal of Laws of 24 June 2014, Item 827) and the Act of 23 April 1964 Civil Code (Journal of Laws 2014.121 as amended.).
- The product sale agreement is concluded in accordance with the Polish law and in the Polish language.
- Any dispute arising out of the sale agreement shall be settled by the competent local court of general jurisdiction.
- In case of any errors or mistakes in the information published by the Shop, please inform us of the perceived errors by e-mail at: email@example.com
- The hereto Rules and Regulations come into force on 25 December 2014.
Download the temple of the withdrawal form:
In accordance with Articles 13(1) and 13(2) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation or "GDPR") I wish to inform you that:
- The controller of your personal data is Kopalnia Soli "Wieliczka" Trasa Turystyczna Sp. z o.o., Park Kingi 10, 32-020 Wieliczka.
- Compliance with the data protection principles in Kopalnia Soli "Wieliczka" Trasa Turystyczna Sp. z o.o. is supervised by a designated Data Protection Officer who can be contacted by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your personal data will be processed as necessary for the conclusion and performance of your contract for the sale of tickets for concerts and events organised by the Data Controller under Article 6(1)b of the GDPR.
- Recipients of your personal data will include
- IT companies insofar as required to provide IT support regarding the https://www.kopalnia.pl website, as processors,
- interactive agencies insofar as required to provide access to the https://www.kopalnia.pl website, as processors,
- a courier delivery company insofar as required to deliver the goods ordered, as a processor,
- Kopalnia Soli "Wieliczka" S.A., as a processor.
- Your personal data will not be transferred to a third country (i.e. a non-European Economic Area country) and/or an international organisation
- Your personal data will be stored
- for 5 years starting on the beginning of the year following the financial year in which your sale contract is performed in accordance with applicable tax regulations, taking into account applicable periods of limitation on the validity of claims.
- In relation to the processing of your personal data, you have the following rights
- the right of access to the content of the data (in accordance with Article 15 of the General Data Protection Regulation);
- the right to rectification of the data (in accordance with Article 16 of the General Data Protection Regulation);
- the right to erasure of the data (in accordance with Article 17 of the General Data Protection Regulation);
- the right to restriction of processing of the data (in accordance with Article 18 of the General Data Protection Regulation);
- the right data portability (in accordance with Article 20 of the General Data Protection Regulation);
- the right to object (in accordance with Article 21 of the General Data Protection Regulation),
- the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority (the President of the Personal Data Protection Authority) if you find that the processing of your personal data infringes the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation.
- Your provision of your personal data is required for your contract for the sale of tickets for concerts and events organised by the Data Controller to be performed.
- Processing of your personal data will not be related to making decisions based solely on automated processing, including profiling.